Terms and Conditions
Product and Waiver of Liability
The receiver/purchaser ("Client") has ordered various elastic kinesiology tapes (the "Products") from Hestaband Therapeutics (“Hestaband”) of Kemptown, Nova Scotia, Canada. By purchasing the Products, Client agrees to be bound by the terms of this Waiver. Client confirms that appropriate training for use of kinesiology tape on animals has been taken prior to application of Product.
2. Release of Liability & Limitation of Liability.
Client acknowledges that the Products are of an adhesive and fabric nature, have not been subject to rigorous testing and are subject to changes, including but not limited to, formulation, claims, physical properties, availability, pricing, packaging, etc.
Client further acknowledges that the use of the Products could result in damage/injury/lameness of animals/pets/persons. Improper use of Products could result in health hazard, injury, skin irritations and/or loss of life. Client agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Hestaband harmless for all liabilities incurred or alleged because of the Products, or arising out of the use of the Products. In no event shall Hestaband's liability under this Waiver exceed the purchase price of one roll of kinesiology tape paid by Client to Hestaband for the Products.
3. Proprietary Information.
Client agrees not to reverse engineer or attempt to derive the composition or the underlying information of the Products, to send Products out to third party without written approval from Hestaband Therapeutics.
4. Confidentially and Privacy.
Client agrees to hold all information in trust and strict confidence and understands that a breech of confidentiality or misuse of information regarding the products could result in legal action against the Client. Hestaband will retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and will not disclose any personal information to third parties.
Hestaband warrants that the Products will be shipped undamaged and made in accordance with the Products specifications when received by Client. If the Products are damaged upon receipt, Client shall notify the company and ship the unopened damaged Products at their own expense. Hestaband will send, at its sole discretion, a replacement Product if available at the clients’ expense. This Warranty shall be effective for returns received within thirty days of shipment of the Products. Hestaband will not accept a return for any other reason. Because the Products are specially made, it is Client's responsibility to ensure fabric and adhesive compatibility to be safe, and other considerations necessary before applying the Products. Client acknowledges that to remove the Product, it must be rolled off in the direction of the fur/hair and not pulled in an upward manner. Hestaband disclaims all other representations and warranties, express or implied, including the warranty of fitness for any particular purpose. The foregoing constitutes Client’s sole and exclusive remedy under this Waiver.
The unenforceability of any portion of this Waiver shall not render the remainder of the Waiver invalid or unenforceable.
Client will be deemed to have accepted this Waiver by purchasing Products on Hestaband.com which includes access to this waiver and states that purchase constitutes acceptance.
Returns and Refund Policy
Hestaband Therapeutics aims to provide our customers with high quality kinesiology tapes. If for some reason, you need to return or exchange an item, please contact us at email@example.com within 30 days of the shipping date. Items must be returned in new, unopened, and resalable condition at the customers’ expense. Tapes will be manually inspected before a refund is applied or exchange is issued and returned at the customer’s expense. The adhesives used in Hestaband kinesiology tapes can be affected by numerous uncontrollable factors such as humidity, temperature, storage, and environment. The adhesive also has an expiry date, and the kinesiology tape must be used within 18 months of purchase. Hestaband acknowledges that customers may choose varies methods of storage and handling and we reserve the right to limit exchanges and refunds to tapes purchased in the past 30 days. As method of tape applications depend on various external factors beyond our control, opened packages will not be considered for returns or exchanges. Hestaband is not responsible for lost, stolen or unclaimed packages shipped to the address provided.
Order and Shipping Policy
Once your order has been processed, it can not be cancelled or modified. Orders will be processed within 3 to 5 full business days of payment and shipped within 2 to 3 business days whenever possible excluding holidays. Not all mailing options include tracking numbers. We cannot guarantee delivery dates and times. Due to Covid-19, shipping times may be delayed and are beyond our control.
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected:
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Selling Personal Information
Our Site does not sell Personal Information.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Last updated: 19 Nov 2020
Terms of Service
Hestaband reserves the right to change or update, at any time, all policies, and Terms of Service.
Videos and photographs are examples only and are not intended to diagnose, assess, treat conditions, or replace veterinary care. All efforts have been made to ensure that the information on the website is accurate.
All rights reserved. Information contained on this website is protected by Canadian copyright laws. Any duplication of content without the expressed approval of Hestaband Therapeutics is strictly prohibited.